The Quality Engineer analyzes manufacturing processes for improvement. Work on the quality team to ensure that final products are safe and meet customer expectations. Uses Problem-Solving tools to support the shop floor. Investigate, analyze, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. Support CMM Programmer, Quality Lab and MRB Technicians, Floor inspectors, and Firewall inspectors, and support Plant and Production Team/Supervisors on the shop floor. Promote and execute quality standards, quality plans, documents, and reports to ensure QMS is established and maintained.
· Monitor process audits task and recommends question sheets updates
· Stocks tray for audit sheets
· Conducts internal, 2nd party, product, process, and LPA audits
· Updates and monitors the LPA Excel File – Reporting monthly completion tracking
· Review completed audits and track/assign open items for completion
· Assist shop floor personnel in properly completing CARs
· Reviews all completed CARs for proper corrective action root cause analysis and effective closures
· Reviews and approves 1st Piece Inspection documents
· Maintain accurate quality documentation and records-keeping compliance.
· Work closely with the manufacturing/production team to ensure quality protocols are followed, documentation is correctly maintained, and implement any changes or adaptations based on a quality review.
· Demonstrate product compliance to standards, be able to make decisions on product compliance to standards, and teach associates as needed to inspect incoming material for compliance.
· Ensures all gages are calibrated and Gage R&Rs are conducted as required
· Participate in Customer visits/audits and conduct customer and supplier visits/audits
· Adds new quality concerns on the log
· Work with the engineering/PM team to ensure proper PPAP submission and product reliability.
· APQP team member and performing all Customer PPAP related tasks from development to submission
· Reviews and approves Engineering Change Notifications
· Reviews and monitors Quality System for effectiveness
· Updates log File with submitted actions
· Team Member/Champion on Corrective Action Root Cause Analysis team
· Monitors and reviews existing Leak Test Recipes for effectiveness
· Creates new Leak Test Recipes
· Creates and updates Leak Test Parameter Log
· Audits SPC analysis on the shop floor
· Creates SPC Charts / Graph using Minitab and SPC for Excel
· Files completed SPC Charts / Graphs with submitted data collection
· MSA analysis of required gages for Corrective Action task
· MSA analysis of daily production parts – In Process gauging
· MSA analysis of daily production parts – Leak Testing
· Create, modify, and update Data Collection sheets
· Assist in the maintenance of the corrective/preventive action process
· Assist in the verification process to ensure the effectiveness of corrective/preventive actions
· Support the training process
· Train personnel on data collection
· Written and verbal communication with the Customers, as required
· Be proactive and constantly monitor the production process and look for continuous improvement ideas; When applicable participate in the continuous improvements process
· Planning and management of customer quality process
· Customer performance management and customer relationship maintenance
· Champion and coordinate customer issues/complaints, root cause analysis, and effective implementation of corrective measures
· Communicate with the customer regarding all Quality topics.
o Review the SI’s (Sanctioned Interpretations & Frequently Ask Questions
o Collect the Customer Scorecards Monthly
o Review the CSR Manuals for changes and revision dates and update documents
· Establish specific short/long-term supplier quality goals
· Establish and issue supplier scorecards
· Develop and conduct supplier assessments
· Leads Supplier performance improvement projects
· ensuring the sites meet the requirements of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 as well as internal company standards and customer-specific requirements
· Oversee and maintain compliance with the Document Control Requirements. Including scheduling periodic reviews of documents, ensuring that necessary revisions are made and approved, and sending revised documents out for review. Maintain master copies of documents and ensure that any posted documents are controlled.
· Oversee and maintain compliance with the Control of Records requirements including periodic auditing.
· Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring, and reviewing of all QMS documentation and data
· Assist in monitoring QMS effectiveness through timely reporting of internal and external quality metrics/objectives
· Supports document creation, control, and dissemination, assists with activities in support of the QMS, participates in the internal audit program, and interacts with all company functions
· Report to management on the status of quality management system activities within the department.
· Support management review process for QMS
· Assist in the collection, review, and reporting of data on non-conformances
· Lead/maintain QMS document control process
· Maintain and update the Quality Manual and other documents specifically required by the QMS standards
· Monitor, control, and audit all electronically stored QMS documentation
· Assist in the management of the QMS internal audit process
· Performs numerous other duties as required regarding quality
· Follow safety procedures
· Follow Company policies
Problem-solving tools analysis
Good verbal and written communication and teamwork skills
Strong Excel and computer skills
Bachelor’s Degree, College, High school diploma, 3rd party Engineering, and Quality Training
Applicable Engineering, QMS Standards, and Quality courses
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Pension plan